Cost of phimosis surgery in India (and alternative)
What is phimosis
Phimosis is a condition in which the foreskin in adult men is tight and cannot slide over glans (the mushroom shaped hood). See the image below.
Phimosis can be categorized into 4 stages depending upon the visibility of glans or how far the foreskin slides over glans. Look at the images below to see various stages of phimosis.
Surgery (or circumcision)
Circumcision is a method of surgical removal of foreskin. It is a permanent solution to Phimosis but has it’s own fair share of cons.
Reasons why circumcision for phimosis is a terrible idea:
- It is not safe
- Circumcision for phimosis is very costly.
- Circumcision often involves pain and discomfort for 4-8 weeks after surgery.
- You’ll have to deal with complications after surgery. 30% of men report complications after circumcision*, one of which is erectile dysfunction.
- Circumcision is recommended if you ready to sacrifice your sexual pleasure. Circumcised men report lower sexual satisfaction compared to uncircumcised men.
- Circumcision appears to be a quick solution, but you can’t have sex for about 4-8 weeks after circumcision. So it looks like a quick fix but is it really one?
More than 30% of men report reduced sexual satisfaction after getting surgery
Cost of surgery (or circumcision) in India
Even though it is not recommended to go for surgery (also known as circumcision) for phimosis, it is advisable to know the costs before even considering this as an option.
In tier 2 cities such as Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Jaipur, Indore and rest other an average cost is somewhere around ₹30,000 – ₹60,000.
In tier 1 cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, the cost of phimosis surgery ranges from ₹40,000 to upwards of ₹1,00,000.
People who don’t want to go for surgery have a different and in fact better solution as well: Using phimosis stretcher rings by Vajraang.
It is cheaper, safer and psychologically relieving to go for this option.
Continue reading below.
Phimosis surgery (also known as circumcision) costs around ₹30,000 to 1,00,000 in India.
Better option: Phimosis stretching rings
This method involves stretching foreskin over a period of 4-8 weeks using silicone rings specially designed by urologists for phimosis. It is recommended because:
- Phimosis rings are way cheaper than circumcision (costs around Rs. 1999)
- Phimosis rings don’t have any side effects which you may otherwise find in circumcision.
- Thousands of people have seen successful results with Vajraang’s rings.
- Tight foreskin can be treated with Vajraang’s rings in 99% of cases.
Most people finid it logical to use Vajraang rings before going for circumcision (which they eventually don’t need) since there’s nothing to lose and only gain from it.
94% of our customers found success in treating phimosis using Vajraang's phimosis stretcher rings. Whereas only 60% people were happy after getting circumcised.